Following his medical studies at The Humboldt University in Berlin, Dr. Ritter-Lang worked for the inventors of the first Artificial Disc Replacement (Katrin Buttner-Janz and Kurt Schellnack).
He has been a specialist in the field of intervertebral disc prosthetics, especially in the field of abdominal approach surgery, for over 20 years. Dr. Ritter-Lang has performed almost 10,000 spinal column reconstruction surgeries and has done 4,176 Disc Replacement procedures using a wide range of implants both cervical and lumbar.
Dr. Ritter-Lang is one of the most respected speakers worldwide at symposiums about orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery regarding treatment using artificial intervertebral discs. His participation in the ongoing development of intervertebral disc prosthetics technology, prototypes, and implants, provides great benefits to the patients he treats. Patients come from all over the world to use the services of Dr. Ritter-Lang and his highly qualified team. Dr. Ritter-Lang is among an elite group of the most experienced Disc Replacement surgeons in the world, and has dedicated his career to the sub-specialty of Disc Replacement.
Curriculum Vitae and scientific activities
- 1985 - 1991 Medical studies at the Medical Faculty of Humboldt-University (Charité) Berlin
- 1991 State Examination and License to practice medicine
- 1991 Doctorate in medicine
- 1991 - 2000 Employed at the orthopedic university hospital of the Charité Berlin (Medical Director Prof. Zippel)
- 1991 - 1993 Ward physician children's orthopedics
- 1993 - 1996 Ward physician spine surgery
- 1996 Awarded title of Orthopedic Specialist
- 1996 - 2000 Senior physician and Head of the Spine surgery Department
- 2000 Foundation of private practice in Potsdam (near Berlin)
- 2000 - 2002 Co-operating surgeon in Special Clinic for Orthopedics - Asklepios Clinic Birkenwerder
- 2000 - 2012 Co-operating surgeon Clinic Hoyerswerda
- 2002 - 2010 Co-operating surgeon Clinic Sommerfeld
- 2003 - 2012 Co-operating surgeon in Special Clinic for Orthopedics - Stenum Hospital - Bremen
- 2009 Awarded title of Specialist for Trauma Surgery
- 2010 - current Co-operating surgeon in Special Clinic for Orthopedics - Asklepios Clinic Birkenwerder
- since 2012 Medical Director of Special Clinic for Orthopedics - Stenum Hospital - Bremen
Speeches (In total 125 speeches 1994 to 2013)